You may be familiar with the concept of 3D printed dentures and think they sound interesting. However, we’re thrilled to share that an even superior choice awaits you in Cincinnati. Welcome to the world of All-On-4 dental implants, a groundbreaking solution provided through Cincinnati Dentures and Implants. This innovative method provides many benefits over 3D printed dentures.
How Do 3D Printed Dentures Work?
The most recent development in dental technology comes in the form of 3D printed dentures. Using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, this type of dentures are carefully crafted to offer an incredibly high level of precision and tailor-made customization.
Beginning the process calls for an all-inclusive digital scan of your mouth, working as the foundation for the denture’s design. The scanning technology eliminates the necessity for sticky dental molds, which streamlines the overall process. Nevertheless, despite appearing to herald the next level of dentistry, 3D-printed dentures come with a unique set of challenges.
Let’s now delve into the potential advantages and disadvantages of 3D-printed denture technology.
Benefits of 3D Printed Dentures
- Fast Manufacturing: The scanning process cuts down on the time it takes to get your dentures.
- Personalized Fitting: Digital scans give a more accurate fitting than polymer molds.
- Sustainable: This technology is overall more sustainable, as it reduces waste by using only the material necessary for your dentures.
- Electronic Records: Digital scans used to create your dentures can be stored for future use, making adjustments or replacements more simple and quicker.
- Lower Labor Intensity: The automatic nature diminishes the need for expert technicians, reducing the overall labor of the process.
Cons of 3D-Printed Dentures
- Concerns With Longevity: 3D dentures are not as durable as other materials.
- Reduced Comfort & Usability: 3D dentures will not offer the same level of functionality and comfort as alternative treatments.
- Financial Implications: 3D dentures can be more expensive than standard dentures.
- Appearance Drawbacks: The material used in 3D printed dentures may not offer high quality aesthetic look as traditional materials like porcelain.
- Upfront Investment: The expense of 3D printing machines is rather high, which is often passed on to you.
- Problems in the Printing Process: Any errors in the printing or digital scanning process can cause inaccuracies, which require more resources and time to fix.
- Reliance on Specialized Equipment: The 3D printing process relies upon the availability and proper functioning of proprietary machinery and software, making it vulnerable to technical issues.
While 3D printed dentures may be a progressive treatment, they may not be the optimal option for everyone. If you’re seeking a more dependable, durable, and cost-effective option, it’s worth exploring All-On-4 implants available at Cincinnati Dentures and Implants.
What Are All-On-4 Implants?
All-On-4 is a groundbreaking dental technique which allows most patients to have their remaining teeth extracted, dental implants placed, and a gorgeous smile delivered all in just one day. This method is very beneficial for those dealing with tooth decay, failing or aged dental work, and broken or missing teeth.
How It Works
The procedure involves removing any remaining teeth and placing four to six implants per arch. They are strategically positioned at special angles to avoid the patient’s sinuses, eliminating the need for expensive bone grafts. A low-profile bridge is then attached to these implants, providing a stable and functional set of teeth.
Pros of “Teeth-In-A-Day”
- Fast Turnaround Time: Walk out with brand new teeth in just one day, eliminating the need for additional visits and long healing times associated with other teeth replacement treatment plans.
- Proven Dependability: Offers a more dependable and long-lasting solution compared to 3D printed dentures, which often have durability issues.
- Reduced Pain and Discomfort: Designed to reduce soreness and pain, both during and after the surgery, thanks to the less invasive nature.
- Improved Taste and Sensation: Doesn’t cover the top of your mouth, allowing you to taste food better and improving your complete eating experience.
- High-Quality Components: We use PMMA or zirconia for your final teeth, which are much stronger and look more natural than the materials used in most 3D printed dentures.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Helps to preserve your jawbone and prevent additional deterioration, leading to better oral health over time.
- Reduced Maintenance: Easier to maintain and clean compared to traditional dentures, which need daily removal and cleaning.
All-On-4 Implants vs 3D Printed Dentures: A Tabular Comparison
|3D Printed Dentures
|Several days to weeks
|Moderate to high
|Oral Health Benefits
|Lifetime with proper care
|5-7 years on average
|Initial Setup Cost
|None (included in price)
|May require adjustments
|Suitability for Low Bone Density
|Requirement for Bone Grafts
|Taste and Sensation
|May be compromised
Book your Free Visit:
Even though 3D printed dentures might seem like an attractive alternative, All-On-4 implants present a more durable, comfortable, and cost-effective experience. Book your free appointment with Cincinnati Dentures and Implants today and take the first step towards a brighter, healthier smile.